How can we improve about.me?

Problem with edit dashboard under Chrome & Firefox

From time to time I'm not able to edit my profile biography. I'm working under Chrome (or sometimes Firefox), and when I click "edit" the edit dashboard is showing but options in that window are disabled.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    skochanowskiskochanowski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim DaviesTim Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a problem when using Chrome. I have to switch to Firefox to make edits whichj is annoying, come on guys grip this issue!

• amandalaurenceamandalaurence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it's still happening. I can't edit my bio and I'm using Firefox.. I had lots of problems uploading my photo a few weeks back too!

• LoriSivageLoriSivage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem with my firefox I am unable to edit my background or upload my photo or change colors.

• eaxeaeaxea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

strangely, i'm able to edit my profile using Chrome v8.0.552.224 & using Mozilla v3.6.13.. cachine problem maybe? =/

• juleenjuleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haven't been able to edit the biography in Firefox for a while now.

• michaelottmichaelott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. There is definitely a problem when using Chrome. I kept having to switch to Firefox to make edits.

• taavitaavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on Chrome 8.0.552.224 on Win7 and works fine. Had similar issue with editing earlier this week (Wednesday?), but no issues now. I'm not sure how the fonts are interpreted by different browsers though... IE8 seems to understand some fonts differently and iPhone... well, is not for web browsing anyway.

• edbattleedbattle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. I use Chrome as preferred browser and have now made several attempts to add information to About.me profile. Always gives me a 'frozen screen' thus far.

• sahbsahb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i can't edit anything in chrome or firefox. this is a dealbreaker for me. please fix it!

← Previous 1
      About.me logo

Feedback and Knowledge Base