How can we improve about.me?

Wordpress Widget Feedback

Please post any feedback you have for the about.me Wordpress Widget here. Thanks in advance.

Ryan http://about.me/rkf

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rkf (pro)rkf (pro) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this widget! Thank you!

I'd like to be able to make my bio picture smaller. It's just so BIG on my site! I mean, it's a good picture but I'd still like to display a wee bit more humility...

• poetryshowcasepoetryshowcase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As soon as I posted you all of my fans and followers pix left my page on wordpress. HELP THE INTERNET is all about the people.

• Yang ZhaoYang Zhao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The widget resized in HTML or CSS from 1,680x1,050 to 269x168. This slows down website loading speed dramatically. Any way to optimize it?

• Richard SmithRichard Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hadn't considered doing anything with this whatsoever until I had a go at it with my wordpress.com blog on a lark. Now it's replaced my Gravatar link, and I'm totally pleased with it. I love the easy integration of all my social channels (buttons, apps, whatever you want to call them) and the fact that it's another way to be linked up with others. Well done, aboutme crew. Well done, indeed.

• larry@trianglekayak.comlarry@trianglekayak.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The plugin is getting closer and closer. Nice work. I am using primarily a background image rather than a bio photo in my about.me profile. I'd like to be able to scale the background pic (by % of sidebar width or by px size) with the widget in my wordpress sidebar (it appears to scale to the width of the sidebar by default currently). I'd also like to be able to use the "widget title" as a link to the about.me page rather than have one line as the widget title and then a separate link to my name and profile.

• BryceBryce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, there is a LOT of room for improvement here.
        First, need a lot more configurable options
        1. How about matching the font used on our about.me page for the widget?
        2. Added Links should show up (not just the youtube, linkedin, etc. but the custom links too)
        3. What about the fave button, connect button, share button, compliment button, email button, etc? Why can't we have those in the widget?
        4. The new "Location" feature doesn't show up in the widget either. What's with that?
        5. Tags don't show up either.

Sorry to say, I'm adding this widget to my "Inactive Widgets" section on my wordpress site. Highly disappointed with this widget so far - it falls so short from my expectations based on the actual about.me page. Can we expect to see updates in the future?

• tinchog87tinchog87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a good idea, but I had to take it off of my blog. My bio is way too long for my sidebar!!
        I think it would be great if we can choose how much of the about.me bio we want show. Maybe from 5 lines to full bio.
        www.tinchog87.wordpress.com

• GabrielRavariniGabrielRavarini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We encountered an error while communicating with the about.me server. Please try again later."....

Is there a solution for that error?

Thanks in advance.

• Michel R VaillancourtMichel R Vaillancourt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a fan. It puts the -entire- bio in with no way to "more" it ... resulting in a huge single column object. I won't be using it as it is. Just too much real estate.

Also, couldn't sign in to make this comment using my About.me account. Authentication wouldn't work. Had to use my FB account instead, which worked first try . . .

← Previous 1 3 4 5
      About.me logo

Feedback and Knowledge Base